Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Subtle Mind

I wish I could say that I was blessed with the gift of a subtle mind, however, I am a very type A, serial multitasker who has worked for years to even have an occasional glimpse of the subtle mind. The loving kindness exercise was not as good for me personally as the subtle mind exercise. This really did help to quiet my mental chatter. I am most definitely going to incorporate this into my daily routine (in between multitasking). I enjoyed the loving kindness track but I feel like I am already practicing this, so essentially it does not help me other than giving me a good feeling. However, the subtle mind practice does work on my constant, and I mean constant, mental chatter. Yoga has helped me as well, but it still is something I must work to control on a daily basis. I have learned the hard way as I have gone through my life that spiritual wellness, mental wellness and physical wellness are all related and if one is out of sync the others will ultimately follow. Yoga was the help I needed and has made a huge difference in my mental, spiritual and physical peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment